Monkey Bastard’s Spanktacular Meatballs
! (they’re cooking in the oven right now and spelling heavenly)
500g minced beef
One red onion, diced finely
One carrot, grated finely
3 dl bulgur (leave in water overnight to swell)
50-100g pre-fried finely diced bacon
If you live in some backwoods, uncivilized part of the world where the metric system still isn’t in use: Figure those measurements out yourself.
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, season with rosemary, coriander, a little bit of garlic and salt & pepper. Make the meatballs any size you like (I like big balls myself… *cough cough*) and in put them in the oven for 40-45 minutes (depending on the size), 175 degrees Celsius. What that is in Fahrenheit, I have no idea. Get with the program, neanderthals. Ten minutes before they’re done, take ‘em out, pour grated parmesan (or some other strong cheese) on top, and put ‘em back in.
Serve with a salad and some red wine (I suggest Santa Ines from Chile, strong and full without being heavy and will a divine hint of black currants). If you can’t find it, just pick a nice Cab Sauv. Enjoy, bitches. And download the new Mix – excellent background music whilst cooking Monkey Bastard’s Spanktacular Meatballs!
1. Dr. Dog – My old ways (2007)
2. Tom Waits – Blue skies (1971)
3. Christian Kjellvander – Portugal (2003)
4. Nicole Atkins – Maybe tonight (2007)
5. Clout – Substitute (1978)
6. Queens Of The Stone Age – This lullaby (2005)
7. Tracey Ullman – Breakaway (1983)
8. Willy DeVille – Still (I love you still) (1995)
9. Paul Evans – Hello this is Joannie (1979)
10. The White Stripes – As ugly as I seem (2005)
11. Marshall, Hain – Dancing in the city (1978)
12. Oasis – Underneath the sky (1996)
13. Kings Of Convenience – Singing softly to me (2001)
14. Foo Fighters & Norah Jones – Virginia moon (2005)
15. Ebba Grön – We’re only in it for the drugs No. 2 (1979)
Download .zip file
Like whatcha hear? Support the artists and buy the albums.